Positioning is what sets your product or service apart from your competitors. It’s not just a case of being different, it’s also being better.
To successfully position your product, it needs to be:
1. Unique. Is it different from what your competitors offer, and in what way?
2. Beneficial. Does your product offer a compelling benefit that your competition doesn’t?
3. Positioned in the mind of your potential customers. What do they think of it?
4. Remarkable in a positive sense. Will your customers recommend your product and share with their networks?
5. Memorable. Will your product or service have an immediate and lasting impression?
By taking this approach, your product can be uniquely positioned as being different and better than your competitors.
With great positioning, you have carved a niche in the market where your product will resonate with the potential customers you’ve developed it for.